We are looking forward to another wonderful week in third grade! Here are a few important reminders and academic updates for the week.
Individual Picture Day
Individual Picture Day is Wednesday. We look forward to seeing all of our scholars ready for their school pictures!
Grammar Quiz
Students will have a Grammar Quiz on Friday. We will continue reviewing and practicing the skills they will need throughout the week.
Typing Practice
If your child would like extra typing practice at home, they may log in to TypingClub www.typingclub.com using their Clever QR code glued inside their agenda. Typing practice will never be a homework assignment or requirement, but it is available as an optional resource if this kind of activity interests your student and is something your family approves of.
IXL Math Practice
If your child would like extra math practice at home, they may log in to IXL www.ixl.comsignin/greatheartstxschools using their Clever QR code glued inside their agenda. IXL will never be a homework assignment or requirement, but it is available as an optional resource for students who enjoy additional practice and families who would like to use it at home.
Academic Updates
Literature: We will continue our Little House on the Prairie, focusing on careful reading, discussion, and comprehension.
Science: We will continue exploring our current science unit through observation, discussion, and hands on learning with our chickens and butterflies! Test 9/30
Math: We will begin our unit on multiplication. Emphasizing that it is repeated addition.
Grammar/Writing: We will continue strengthening our grammar and writing skills throughout the week as we prepare for our Grammar Quiz on Friday.
New Poem: By Myself by Eloise Greenfield
When I’m by myself
And I close my eyes
I’m a twin
I’m a dimple in a chin
I’m a room full of toys
I’m a squeaky noise
I’m a gospel song
I’m a gong
I’m a leaf turning red
I’m a loaf of brown bread
I’m a whatever I want to be
An anything I care to be
What I care to be
Is me
No comments:
Post a Comment